Campaign Global Curriculum of Social Solidarity Economy
Specific objectives and campaign strategies for a Global Curriculum of Social Solidarity Economy: suggestion of the coordinators advisers and supporters Meeting in Rio.
On days 16 and 17 March 2017, 26 educators/social activists from seven countries, linked to organizations and institutions involved in education for another possible world, gathered at the headquarters of the Popular Image Creation Center CECIP, Rio, to begin to define the specific goals and strategies of the Campaign for a Global Curriculum of Social Solidarity Economy. They mobilized its own resources and came from Argentina (ATE, Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Bienvenidos los Pobres/REESS), Brazil (Faces of Brazil, Brazilian Forum of Solidarity Economy, National Network of Early Childhood RNPI, Magic Click, Area Leão School, among others), Ecuador (Salesian Polytechnic University), Mexico (Benemerita Universidad de Puebla ), Portugal (Universidade de Coimbra, Ecosol-CES) and Kenya (Amani Kibera – Center for Peace Education through Sport).
The following is a summary of responses built during the meeting , about the issues raised in virtual meetings of November 2016 and February 2017:
- What should be the Campaign’s political and educational objectives ?
- What should be the procedures of communication and coordination among the various networks and organizations involved in the campaign?
- How much time and resources we will need to achieve the Campaign’s goals? How to ensure the sustainability of the campaign?
- How should be structured the international coordination team of the campaign and the national coordination teams? What should be its tasks?
Since the participants recommend to ensure the collective construction of the goals, strategies (including fundraising) and campaign deadlines, we hope the ideas summarized here can be complemented, debated and perfected by others involved in this initiative.
What should be the political and educational objectives of the campaign and its strategies?
|1. Participate in the building of a new hegemony, giving visibility to the construction of spaces of insurgencies or local and global resistance-movements of solidarity economy and formal / non-formal/informal transformative education; strengthening local and global initiatives ; developing an integrated global action.||= Create website/digital platform (a digital friendly tool) that allows experience exchange as well a collective construction of curricula and articulation with different actors, integrating diverse social sectors, respecting and valuing the knowledge and experiences of each one; Use this platform or digital repository to share each local experience curriculum ; Start with what we have and get what’s missing.|
|2. Contribute to the reconstruction of the dominant conception of world through a Collaborative Pedagogy and Emancipatory Education, recovering existing constructions , systematizing knowledge and existing methodologies in Solidarity Economy; contributing to the construction of synthesis from different conceptions, practices and experiences (in education for the Social Solidarity Economy), existing in the five continents; generating and strengthening «Quilombos of solidarity».( quilombos is the name that Africans enslaved in Brazil gave to the territories they’ve conquered were they could be free and resist white domination)||= Make an initial country by country diagnosis of experiences in education for Social Solidarity Economy or Education for Solidarity , resulting in a planetary map, where anyone can find these experiences; (A platform that can make possible to ) know and recognize existing experiences in education on solidarity economy
= Generate in each country proposals for Global /Local Curriculum (Glocal) of ESS; set in each country a Glocal Curriculum (formal /non-formal /informal education), create an articulation of the existing proposals
|3. Create a common understanding of the central concepts, such as “curriculum”; “Social Solidarity Economy”; «global citizen»;
“global community”; “solidarity”.
|= Build a glossary of terms using image/humor, dialoging with other languages; Create a Wikipedia (wikivocabulary) of solidarity and Social Solidarity Economy.|
|4. Promote a curriculum that can ( …)
4.1-build new relations Theory-Practice-Theory;
4.2 promote the dialogue of transdisciplinary knowledge;
4.3-build EQUALVERSITY -ECOVERSITY- a diversity that includes the non-human;
4.4-build competencies for culture of peace (transform violent relations) and for self-evaluation;
4.5 develop tools for disabled people and people with different levels of reading .
|= Establish a dialogue between the movements, causing a participatory debate with the experiences of each country. Example: the Brazil will develop a report to socialization (what happened on this meeting)|
|5. Encourage people’s political reflection of ; Establish a relationship of interdependence between social movements and formal public education institutions ; promote dialogue between social movements and public authorities at all levels.||= (take the campaign) for national and international events with topics related to the solidarity economy (agro-ecology, food sovereignty, education, women ); (Create strategies for) involved in the process spaces and experiences as the Feria de Santa Maria in the RGS, Brazil|
What should be the procedures of communication and coordination between the various networks and organizations involved in the campaign?
- Create Facebook open page to give visibility, expand the network of global contacts.
- Promote the Campaign on social networks; continue with Virtual communication – email, Facebook, Whatsapp.
- Create a motivational video, highlighting the solidarity as the engine of the campaign
- Create a Map of EcoSol organizations around the world; gather, organize, and share information of local situations.
- Identify people in different organizations who wish to work in the campaign
- Define criteria for the use of the website of the campaign; for example, create Letter of adhesion to the campaign. Download (documents, materials) all can; Upload-only who are members?
- Create annual calendar of virtual meetings by Skype or Webinar. Example the first Monday of each month
- Create moments of face-to-face communication
- Organize a face-to-face meeting (General) of 1 week, every year.
- Articulate with different stakeholders, taking into account the difficulties of the process from the inside (internal communication) and outside (communication with others)
- Share our experiences of solidarity economy between us to strengthen the campaign
- Find other paths to communicate the campaign- (Avaaz, Wiki …
In that period of time and with what resources we will achieve the goals? How to ensure the sustainability of the campaign?
- To start immediately, in 2017; in a year, carry out the collective definition of goals, strategies, and resources; start the diagnosis to generate the Glocal Curriculum of ESS and create the Wiki vocabulary
- Develop a fundraising plan (which must be appropriate to the challenges, the projects must be designed and needs to maintain a minimum essential structure), considering: that it is not up to government resources and based on solidarity; elaboration of projects to create funding mechanisms; investigate the possibilities of financing with: UNESCO, EU; use of the resources of the institutions/social networks, participating in the campaign; review of existing examples of fundraising; search for resources by alternative means as crowdfunding and collaboration: donation of money and hours of work; production of videos, books to sell and to collaborate with the campaign
- Thinking where should be the campaign headquarters also considering financing-(if in Africa it increases the possibilities)
How should be structured the International Campaign coordination team and national coordination teams, which should be its tasks?
- Rethink the terms «International coordination» and «National Coordination»; better to use the expressions articulation/facilitation/promotion/animation
- Create a Mother Team with representatives of different continents and committees or teams of mobilization, communication, financing and systematization
- Create political collective spaces of mobilization in each continent
- If there are resources, create Executive Secretary space
- Promote a rotating leadership of organizations; with a coordination that change every year and where work on institutional international pairs. Current example: Claudia from Argentina (REESS), Madza of Brazil (CECIP)
- Each one of the organizations participating in the campaign should have multiple representatives so that they can rotate in the activities.
Annex: Action plan April-August 2017
Formation of working teams: mobilization: communication, systematization, financing
Produce a document with the systematization of the Rio’s meeting
Mobilization team: disseminate the campaign and make the systematization document circulate and be discussed in various networks, forums, Councils … (in Brazil, for example, in April at the meeting of decentralized Executive FBES, in May, in the National Council EcoSol; in July, at STA. Maria).
Communication team: disseminate information about the campaign using existing resources (Face page, website) and perfect those tools ; Provide translations of Spanish to Portuguese, English and French.
On the basis of the letter of invitation to participate in the campaign, the elaboration of a Letter of principles.
Prepare participation in the Congress of Mexico-BUAP to give visibility to campaign, arranging a face-to-face meeting of coordinators, advisors and supporters of the campaign (side event) in which the systematization document of the event on March is discussed; advance in the construction of the goals and strategies of the campaign; and approval of the Letter of principles
Disclose a schedule of opportunities for dissemination of the campaign in 2017. Example:
- Brasilia: National Conference for a new education (CONANE) – June 15-17
- Santa Maria-Rio Grande Social Solidarity Economy Fair in southern Brazil – July
- Latin America and the Caribbean: MAELA-week native and Creole seeds Continental – 26 July to 1 August
- Puebla-Mexico: international meeting of Social and solidarity economy – August
- Lisbon-America: Summer school- September
- Argentina: National Forum for another economy – November